AirDroid is a FREE android application that lets you manage & control your Android devices like phone & tablet from a web browser on your computer using WiFi wireless connection (if you have). It’s designed with the vision to bridge the gap between your Android device and web browser, on desktop computers or tablet devices, on Windows or Mac. It is most useful free app to transfer files TO and FROM your android device via your computer’s web browser. AirDroid provides many tools for convenient management of your device including Device Status, Processes Manager, Apps Manager and SD Card control. The media management utility allows you to playback music files, view photos slide show on your web desktop. AirDroid is completely free, You can download it for free from the Android Market.
The AirDroid Android app is compatible with most Android devices running Android 2.1 or later (4.0 is not well supported yet) and Web Desktop is compatible with most modern web browsers, including Chrome 12 or later, Firefox 3.6 or later, Safari 5.0 or later (For best performance IE is not recommended). Support for mobile browsers, like Safari on iPad, is experimental. The Android device and computer need to be in the same WiFi network to connect.
Installation and Usage
Download and install AirDroid app on your Android devices, start the app and open your favorite web browser, input the address and Dynamic Password or Predefined Password to login to AirDroid Web Desktop. A new Dynamic Password is generated each time the AirDroid app is started and will be displayed on the home screen if no Predefined Password is set. For security purposes, each Dynamic Password is valid for only one time and a new Dynamic Password is generated the next time you try to login. If you don’t like the Dynamic Password, a permanent password can be setup through app’s Settings.
If you don’t have a WiFi network however, you can still connect them via USB or tethering hotspot mode. Try this tutorial
- Open AirDroid on your Android device and tap Start. The web address (looks like http://192.168.xxx.xxx:8888) to visit will be revealed, and a new Dynamic Password will be generated or the Predefined Password will be displayed (looks as predefined).
- Open your favorite web browser to visit the web address above. Enter the Dynamic Password or Predefined Password from the previous step and click Login.
- You’ll login to the AirDroid Web Desktop.
- Have complete control of your android apps from here.
- File management: Transfer files between your computer and Android devices, cut, copy, paste, search, rename and delete files on SD card
- SMS management: send, read, delete SMS messages (MMS support would be added in future)
- Photos: preview, set as wallpaper, slideshow, import/export
- Music: Import from computer, search, export, play, etc.,
- Ringtones: Import from computer, export, preview, customize ringtones for phone calls, notifications and alarms
- Share clipboard between desktop and your Android device
- Android Apps: complete Apps management like install, uninstall, backup (downloads .apk files), search
- Contacts management: create contacts, search, check call logs
A Browser on Windows or Mac or any flavor of Linux
Version – 1.0.4