Yawcam is a shortening for Yet Another Webcam software, and that’s exactly what it is. More precise Yawcam is a free webcam software for windows written in java. The main ideas for Yawcam are to keep it simple and easy to use but to include all the usual features. Since the program is written in java, you required to have or install JRE/JDK in your computer.
Yawcam uses port 8888 for TCP traffic and port 8081 for TCP and UDP traffic. In case you are already having another software program which is using this ports will cause YawCam to fail. You can change these ports from the settings menu of YawCam.
Goto Settings –> Edit Settings –> Output –> Stream and update the UDP port number and goto Settings –> Edit Settings –> Output –> Http and update the TCP port number
The tool comes with a built-in scheduler which can be configured from Monday to Sunday. With the scheduler you can decide when the output types and the motion detection shall be enabled. Yawcam will then enable or disable the functions automatically according to your pre made schedule. The minimum schedule time is one hour and you can increment the time by one hour up to 24 hours per day. In this version It is not possible to run the scheduler based on a date format for example MM/DD/YYYY
Using the Yawcam is very simple, just follow the below steps
- Download and install “Yawcam”
- Plug your webcam into a USB port, If you’re not using a laptop/pc with an integrated camera
- Open Yawcam, click on “Settings” and select “Detect Webcam.”
- Choose your webcam from the detected devices and press “OK.”
- By default the preview window is enabled, if not select the preview from the Windows menu item
- Enable all or the required options on the control panel (File, Ftp, Http, Stream and Motion).
- Click on “Settings,” select the “Connection” tab and select “What’s my URL?”
- Make a note of the “Stream” address so you can access the stream from another computer. Select “View” and press “Hide” if you wish to hide the program.
- Easy to change between multiple cameras
- Video streaming
- Image snapshots
- Built-in webserver
- Motion detection
- Supports Webcamera, IP camera etc.,
- Text and image overlays
- Password protection on the stream output
- Online announcements for communities
- Scheduler for online time
- Run as a Windows service
- Multi languages, supports more than 25 languages including English, Bulgarian, Chinese, danish, french, German, Italian, Japanese, Russian etc.,
- Java Runtime Environment (JRE) 6 or later.
- DirectX 9 or later.
- Windows Media Player 9 or later.
- Windows 2000/XP/Vista/7…
Download the free YawCam from here: DOWNLOAD