Squiggle – A Free Open Source LAN Messenger With Voice Chat Support

Written by Chaks

Topics: Software Review, Windows

Squiggle is a free server-less peer to peer Local Area Network – LAN messenger designed for sending and receiving instant messagingSquiggle Lan Messenger About within a closed networks. Squiggle has a very simple interface, and also has features very similar to any IM client, users can also set status messages. It is an easy to use LAN chat solution for your LAN or a private network. Just download and run it and you’re ready to talk to everyone on your LAN. The latest release of Squiggle supports voice chat. Since the software doesn’t require any installation, you can just download and use in your office too.

Key Features:

• Server-less peer to peer LAN chat,
  • No installation required. Just download, unzip and run.
  • Group chat, Broadcast chat and Private chat
  • Bridge for connecting two LANs across subnets or WAN.
  • Localized i.e. translated client available in German, French, Arabic and Chinese
  • Fast (multiple) file transfer with in the network
  • Spell Check, Buzz, Emoticons, Audio Alerts, Tray Popups
  • Contact groups, Display message, Display Pic, Chat commands, Message aliases
  • Chat history, Status history
  • Voice Chat

Squiggle Lan Messenger Main

Squiggle Multicast Settings

• Download the multicast zip file
  • In Squiggle.Multicast.exe.config specify the ip and port (of the same machine) on which you want to publish multicast service
  • Install it as a service by running the command “Squiggle.Multicast.exe -i” in command prompt
  • Make sure that the service is running. You can avoid the above two steps if you don’t want to run it as a service.
  • In all of your Squiggle clients in network, go to the settings tab and specify the same IP and Port in presence address and port fields
  • Now sign-in from all the clients

System Requirements:

• .NET Framework 3.5 and above
  • Windows XP or above

Download the Squiggle from here: DOWNLOAD

12 Comments For This Post I'd Love to Hear Yours!

1. Post says:

Thank you for every other informative web site. The place else may I get that type of information written in such an ideal manner? I have a venture that I am just now running on, and I’ve been on the look out for such info.

2. single cup says:

I really like following your stories It truly helps
    me get through my afternoon.

3. DaZune says:

i rlly admire the job you do cause theres no other lan voice chat programs, not on a closed lan at least, the job you have done its unique, congrats.

4. 海淘 says:

Hi to all, the contents existing at this web site are really amazing
    for people experience, well, keep up the good work fellows.

5. Heya i’m for the primary time here. I came across this board and I in finding It really useful & it helped me out much. I hope to present something back and help others such as you aided me.

6. Genevieve says:

I hardly drop responses, but i did some searching and wound up here Squiggle – A Free Open
    Source LAN Messenger With Voice Chat Support | Tech Smart Life.
    And I actually do have 2 questions for you if it’s allright. Could it be simply me or does it look as if like some of the remarks appear like they are written by brain dead visitors? :-P And, if you are posting on other online social sites, I’d like to
    follow anything fresh you have to post. Could you make a list of all of all your public sites like your Facebook page, twitter feed, or linkedin profile?

7. An outstanding share! I have just forwarded this onto a coworker who has been doing a little homework
    on this. And he in fact ordered me breakfast simply because I stumbled upon it
    for him… lol. So allow me to reword this….
    Thanks for the meal!! But yeah, thanx for spending time to talk about
    this issue here on your internet site.

8. oppa says:

It’s good one! but I use Openfire for LAN chat including voice & video call..

9. duff says:

Good work !
    Easy to read and no Ads flashing here and there.
    Keep up the good work !

10. Wayne says:

It is good but one huge flaw is that there is no sound option to notify that someone has sent a message. You have to send a “buzz” to let recipients know that you sent a message.

11. SubSeven says:

For XP you may need to download DOT NET FRAMEWORK ver 4 if you get an error.

12. SubSeven says:

Sorry forgot to mention the error (remember to download dot net framework ver 4 (client) from Microsoft):

The Application failed to initialize properly (0xc0000135). Click on OK to terminate the application

Leave a Comment Here's Your Chance to Be Heard!

Web Statistics