Squiggle is a free server-less peer to peer Local Area Network – LAN messenger designed for sending and receiving instant messaging within a closed networks. Squiggle has a very simple interface, and also has features very similar to any IM client, users can also set status messages. It is an easy to use LAN chat solution for your LAN or a private network. Just download and run it and you’re ready to talk to everyone on your LAN. The latest release of Squiggle supports voice chat. Since the software doesn’t require any installation, you can just download and use in your office too.
- Server-less peer to peer LAN chat,
- No installation required. Just download, unzip and run.
- Group chat, Broadcast chat and Private chat
- Bridge for connecting two LANs across subnets or WAN.
- Localized i.e. translated client available in German, French, Arabic and Chinese
- Fast (multiple) file transfer with in the network
- Spell Check, Buzz, Emoticons, Audio Alerts, Tray Popups
- Contact groups, Display message, Display Pic, Chat commands, Message aliases
- Chat history, Status history
- Voice Chat
Squiggle Multicast Settings
- Download the multicast zip file
- In Squiggle.Multicast.exe.config specify the ip and port (of the same machine) on which you want to publish multicast service
- Install it as a service by running the command “Squiggle.Multicast.exe -i” in command prompt
- Make sure that the service is running. You can avoid the above two steps if you don’t want to run it as a service.
- In all of your Squiggle clients in network, go to the settings tab and specify the same IP and Port in presence address and port fields
- Now sign-in from all the clients
- .NET Framework 3.5 and above
- Windows XP or above
Download the Squiggle from here: DOWNLOAD