Practice# is a free audio playing tool that allows changing tempo and pitch in real time. Practice# was designed as a practical tool, therefore it is minimalistic and doesn’t try to look too fancy or have features that would bloat it. There are minimal menus, two dialog windows (one of them is the About dialog), and in general all possible actions are shown on the main screen in an intuitive and direct way. However it is a great tool to practice music, singing or even good for taking the lyrics of the playing song. The tool allows you to repeat a slowed down solo part until you perfect it.
It can be used for:
- Practicing a musical instrument (e.g. Guitar) with playback music.
- Listening to pod casts – slower or faster than the original tempo and/or with a different pitch (higher or lower voice).
- Simple interface with all required functions on the GUI
- Playback of the formats: MP3, WAV, WMA, AIFF, Ogg Vorbis and FLAC
- Speed change – The ability to slow down or speed up music without changing its pitch
- Pitch change – The ability to change the pitch of music up or down without changing its speed
- Loops – Start and End Marker with Cue setting (waiting a few seconds before the loop starts, useful to get hands back into position)
- Persistent Preset Buttons – The biggest difference currently between Practice# and the other tools out there. Click on the numbers in the bottom of the tool to save the label for presets.
- Equalizer: 3 band equalizer to adjust the high, low and medium tones
When you practice some song over and over for a while it is extremely useful to have some presets of your practice habits for this song. For example: One preset can be for the intro and one for the verse or two presets can be for the solo – one regular speed and one slowed down to 75% with a cue of 2 seconds.
Windows Platform – Runs on all latest Windows Operating systems, Tested on Windows XP Pro SP3 32 bit, Vista Home Premium 32 Bit & Windows 7 Pro 64 bit.
Available as a standard windows installer and portable version: DOWNLOAD