HotSpot Shield – A Free VPN Software, Unlimited Bandwidth, Advertisement Based

Written by Chaks

Topics: Software Review, Windows

Hotspot Shield is a Virtual Private Network (VPN) product of Anchorfree that compresses and encrypts your computer/mobile data while connecting to the internet. The application is an advertisements (see the below screenshot) based freeware and runs in the background and will compress and encrypt all incoming and outgoing exchanges on the fly. Hotspot Shield creates a virtual private network between your laptop and the destination. This impenetrable tunnel prevents snoopers and hackers from viewing your email, instant messages, credit card information or anything else you send over a wireless network. Which means you remain anonymous and protect your privacy.

HotSpot Shield VPN SpeedTest

HotSpot Shield VPN SpeedTest

The service gave me a good 2+Mbps speed on my 4Mbps broadband network.

The service works through a VPN tunnel, where the user connects to servers run by AnchorFree, which then encrypts their data as they browse the Web. This grants every Web page the user visits the same level of security as their banking websites, turning HTTP connections into HTTPS. The service also takes users’ IP address—their online fingerprint—throws it out, and assigns them a new one. This makes it so that the user cannot be tracked by their IP. The company also mentioned they doesn’t store data of the users (I don’t believe though, do you?), which has been an area of controversy among other VPN services—since if someone demands the information, offers to pay for it, or breaches their systems and takes the data, then the user is placed at risk.

The service is free, but is paid for by an ad placed at the top of the user’s Web browser while using the service. They also have a paid package that removes ads, increases speed, and offers other services. If you would like to go for the paid version, these are the subscription plans you have.

Free Version Features

• Ensure you are private, secure, and anonymous online!
  • Access all content privately without censorship; bypass firewalls.
  • Access all of your favorite content privately
  • Secure your web session with HTTPS encryption
  • Hide your IP address for your privacy online
  • Protect yourself from snoopers at Wi-Fi hotspots, hotels, airports, corporate offices and ISP hubs.
  • Works on wireless and wired connections alike.
  • Provides Unlimited Bandwidth.
  • Secure your data & personal information online
  • Protect yourself from snoopers at Wi-Fi hotspots, hotels, airports, corporate offices.

Once installed don’t forget to turn Hotspot Shield ON and use it. Enjoy Hotspot Shield for free and share it with friends. This VPN is also available on  iTunes AppStore  for all your iOS devices (iPhone, iPad, iPod Touch etc.,) but is not free for them.

Requirements

PC and the Mac, including new operating systems (Windows 7, Snow Leopard, Lion)

Download of the free HotSpot VPN

Download page: DOWNLOAD

Is this website blocked in your country or by your ISP? don’t worry send an email to them and they will send you the software.

Send a blank e-mail and receive a latest version of Hotspot Shield right away.
For Windows version, send email to: win(at)anchorfree(dot)com
For Mac version, send email to: mac(at)anchorfree(dot)com

12 Comments For This Post I'd Love to Hear Yours!

1. ProxyBoss says:

There is also free web proxy from a very reliable service:

It has USA, Canada, UK and Netherlands Free socks5 proxy connection, very easy to configure and use, strongly recommended!

2. Amir says:

Hi!
    I cant download the free HotSpot VPN . Please send the software to me .
    Thank You .

3. Smith says:

The download link provided at the end of the article is working for me. The direct download link is http://mydati.com//download/hss-win2/DM-338.exe

4. vpn says:

Do you have a spam problem on this website; I also am a blogger, and I was wondering your
    situation; many of us have developed some nice
    practices and we are looking to trade strategies with others, be sure to shoot me an email if interested.

5. I have bought the Hotspot Shield. I can install and run the software in my iMac, my iPad. However, when I try to activate my Hotspot Shield on my iPhone4S, it just say (Your code was already used. Please try another code.),and I could not restore the purchase.
    It was said that this version includes support for 5 Macs and 5 iOS devices, what is the reason that I could not activate my iPhone using the same Key you provided?

6. ibraheem says:

very useful

7. mahdi says:

please give me a vpn.

8. John Phoenix says:

They DO NOT give you unlimited bandwidth. You can Only surf the web with this but not download tons of apps, watch streaming movies or use bit torrents. ( well, you can if you keep it under 5 gigs a month but thats hard to do if your a downloader)

9. I almost never write responses, however i did some searching and wound up here
    HotSpot Shield – A Free VPN Software, Unlimited Bandwidth, Advertisement Based | Tech Smart Life.
    And I actually do have 2 questions for you if it’s allright. Could it be just me or does it give the impression like a few of the responses appear like they are written by brain dead visitors? :-P And, if you are writing at other places, I would like to keep up with everything fresh you have to post. Could you list of the complete urls of all your social sites like your Facebook page, twitter feed, or linkedin profile?

10. IPVanish says:

You are so cool! I don’t suppose I’ve truly read through
    something like this before. So wonderful to find another person with some original thoughts
    on this subject matter. Seriously.. thanks for
    starting this up. This site is something that is required on the internet, someone with a bit of originality!

11. Wally says:

Appreciating the time and energy you put into your website and
    in depth information you offer. It’s great to come across
    a blog everey once in a while that isn’t the same unwanted rehashed material.
    Excellent read! I’ve saved your site and I’m adding your RSS feeds to my Google account.

Leave a Comment Here's Your Chance to Be Heard!

Web Statistics