iPhone Explorer is a freeware tool designed by Software4u for windows that features an array of tools and a user-friendly interface which will allow you to connect your iPhone, iPad or iPod to your windows based computer via an USB connection.
The iPhone Explorer works just like your windows explorer using which you can look into the file system of your iPhone, iPad and iPod Touch and also able to upload and download regardless of whether file format. The program supports also a direct access to the photos, emails, SMS, videos directories of the iPhone. This tool allows you to connect and use your iPhone/iPad/iPod as an External Disk. Using this tool you can copy your photos, emails, SMS, videos and all other files easily to your computer. The same function is also available for videos, music (from iPod-App) and ringtones. You can also create your own custom ringtones for your iPhone using the iPhone Explorer. The built-in ringtone editor supports MP3, WAV, AIFF and M4A audio file formats. It also allows users to upload and download files via USB connection, making it easy to transfer files between the device and the PC. Many of its functions are even better than iTunes. Some of the functions of this tool are…
- iPhone 3, 4, 4S, iPad, iPad2 and iPod Touch support
- Creates ringtones from MP3
- Download and search for music
- Download and upload photos
- Download and search for videos
- Download and upload ringtones
- Browse and explore the iPhone
- View and download of e-mails
- View and download of SMS
- Repairing of iTunes
The interface has three main tab Multimedia, Messages and Services. All the main functionality like music, movies, pictures, ring tones and file explorer are available under the Multimedia tab. Messaging related functions like Email and SMS are available under Messages tab. Internet and support functions are available under Service tab. The iPhone Explorer creates a connection automatically to the iPhone, if it connected via USB cable to the computer. If the connection is active, then is the first icon from the menu bar “Connection” is activated and has an orange background.
- The button “Music” presents a list of your audio and ringtones on iPhone. The Music area supports the download of files. The integrated search module can look for titles, albums, artists, songs of year. With this function can you find quickly your favorite songs.
- The button “Movies” presents a list of iTunes movies on the iPhone. The Videos area supports the download of files. Also here can you find favorite videos by the integrated search.
- The button “Camera” presents a list of JPEG, other picture and other files of the pre defined iPhone folder. The Photos area supports the download of files.
- The button “Ringtones” presents a list of personal ringtones and other files of the pre defined iPhone folder. The ringtone area supports the download and upload of files.
- The “Ringtone editor” gets a chance, to create an iPhone ringtone from any MP3 / M4A song. In contrast to iTunes, you can create ringtones without any size limit.
iPhone Explorer works very well with the below devices
- Apple iOS 3.1.x, 4.x and 5 firmware devices
- iPad 2
- iPhone 4S
- iPhone 4
- iPhone 3GS
- iPhone 3G
- iPhone 2G
- iPod Touch
- iTunes 10
System Configuration: iPhone Explorer works with windows XP with SP2 and later, Internet Explorer 5.01 or later and the Microsoft Windows Installer 3.0 or later.