proXPN is another freeware and commercial Virtual Private Network (VPN) software which secures your internet connection. The VPN creates a protective shield around your Internet Connection, by encrypting all your Internet traffic it prevents others from attacking or scanning your system from the local network that you’re using to connect to the Internet. It would do so by assigning another IP address which may belong to another country. So when the IP address finding tools looks to find your details by analyzing the IP address, what they really get is false information about your IP address, your location/region and your Internet Service Provider etc.,
- see the websites you visit
- hijack your passwords, credit cards, or banking details
- record your web history
- find your geographic information
Security: Keep yourself and your family safe from modern threats such as credit card fraud and identity theft.
- Military-grade high-bit encryption
- Your internet connection is cryptographically secured from prying eyes
Privacy: Reclaim your right to privacy. proXPN makes it nearly impossible for people to determine your identity, location, or activity online.
- Your private information stays private
- Secure connection to all websites and services, from Facebook to online banking
- Email cannot be viewed in transit through the proXPN network
- Instant messaging chats cannot be intercepted via the proXPN network
- Internet activity (web browsing, online applications, etc) cannot be tracked by your ISP
- proXPN’s public IPs ensure that your real IP is hidden and impossible to uncover
Ease of Use:
- Quick installation and setup on your computer
- User friendly application keeps you in control
proXPN will soon be available for all popular platforms. Currently proXPN is compatible with:
- Windows XP, Vista, and 7 (32 & 64 bit)
- Mac OSX 10.5.6 and later
- Windows Mobile
- iPhone / iPod Touch
You can create your free VPN account by registering here and download the software from here. The only catch here is your Free accounts will be limited in speed. The earlier versions of proXPN (v2.4.9) was limited to 300kbps which is further reduced to 100kbps in the current version which is still sufficient for normal browsing.