Kerala Police launched Online Darshan Queue Booking System at Sabarimala. The system is currently operational for the Sabarimala pilgrimage season 2011 onwards. Under this system, devotees can make bookings online and ensure their place in a separate queue, which, authorities believe, will help avoid overcrowding and congestion. The new booking website is offered in all south Indian languages Malayalam, Telugu, Kannada and Tamil apart of English. The Q-Coupon booked through the Kerala Police website entitles devotees to join the queue for darshan at Nadapanthal, thus getting preference and can avoid hours of waiting in the queue. The new online booking is not a replacement for the existing spot visit (i.e., without any booking) system. The existing system will continue to function.
Click here for Sabarimala Q-Booking [*Update Nov'2012: Please see the bottom of the article for the latest link]
Devotees who make the bookings will have to present identify proof to be allowed into the separate queue. To avoid inconvenience, they will also be given a time when they can join a batch of pilgrims. The website is very much similar to what the Tirumala temple is already having for online darshan and accommodation booking. As per the proposed system, pilgrims who register on the website will have to reach the Valiya Nadappanthal at the time allotted to them. They will be permitted to enter the general queue for darshan at the Lower Tirumuttom, bypassing the long queue along the trekking path-Valiya Nadappanthal stretch.
- You would be able to print your Q-Coupon at the end of the online booking
- Online booking is free and no charge is currently planned for this.
- The Q-Coupon print and Identity Card used for registration must be brought while coming for Darshan. Accepted ID proofs are Passport, Electoral Photo Identity Card, PAN Cards, Driving License, Ration Card, Student Photo Identity Cards issued by Educational Institutions, Employee Identity Card
- The print out (Q-Coupon) and ID card are to be produced for verification by Police officials
- Children aged below 15 do not require identity card but photograph is essential.
- The scanned passport size photograph must be in jpg / jpeg and size below 30 KB.
- Females aged between 10 to 50 are not allowed to perform pilgrimage at Sabarimala
- This facility is limited, to devotees who are coming to Sabarimala with Irumudikettu.
- If the web page is idle for more than 3 minutes the link will get disconnected
- Pilgrims can choose date and time for joining the queue at Valiyanada pandal at Sannidhanam (sanctum sanctorum) for ascending the holy 18 steps.
- This facility is available only to 1000 pilgrims every hour when the temple is open.
Select the month and click “Go” button. Then click on the date you want to book. It will show the availability of coupon on that date.
Time slots are shown on the left. Click “Book Now” to book for the time slot of your choice.
For normal booking the maximum pilgrims will be 7 and for bulk booking the maximum pilgrims are 54. The security code is NOT case sensitive. Once you submitted the registration code, you would be provided with the registration code in the next page. The registration code is not the Q-Code. Q-Code will be generated for each and every pilgrim you enter in the next page.
Make sure that scanned passport size photograph of the pilgrim is available with you which must be below 30 KB and in jpg or jpeg format.
Click on “Add Pilgrim Detail Button”. You will get another window as shown below. Enter Name, Sex, Age, Address, Identity Card type, ID card number of the pilgrim.
Once you add all the pilgrim details, click on the the Save & Print Coupons button to print the coupons. You can print your coupon at later time by visiting http://qcoupon.keralapolice.gov.in/print.php and providing the Registration code.
UPDATE (Nov 2012): Kerala police recently launched a new website for Virtual Q Booking. Now you can book your slot at SabarimalaQ