Photoscape is an amazing free photo editor that includes so many features, tools and effects you’ll find it hard to believe it’s actually free. It has editor, viewer, batch converter, screen capture, splitter and many more. Photoscape includes just about everything you need to view, edit, optimize, enhance, print and have fun with your photos. It’s not quite up to the level of Photoshop, but it’s truly another great alternative to Adobe’s commercial product “Photoshop”.
Key Features of this program
- GUI: Easy to navigate tabbed interface
- Viewer: Built in explorer to view photos in your folder and create a slideshow and supports Full-screen, Wallpaper setting, Loss-less Rotation
- Editor: resizing, brightness and color adjustment, white balance, back-light correction, frames, balloons, mosaic mode, adding text, drawing pictures, cropping, filters, red eye removal, blooming, clone stamp
- Batch editor: Batch edit multiple photos
- Page or photo collage maker: Merge multiple photos on the page frame to create one final photo, this is very interesting feature if you want to print multiple photos in a single page with nice looking format.
- Combine: Attach multiple photos vertically or horizontally to create one final photo. The difference of Page and Combine is that in combine, you can have only one row or one column of images.
- Animated GIF: Use multiple photos to create a final animated photo in GIF format
- Print: Print portrait shots, carte de visites(CDV), passport photos
- Splitter: Slice a photo into several pieces
- Screen Capture: Capture your desktop screen and open in the editor or copy to clipboard. It supports Full Screen, Window, Region capture.
- Color Picker: Zoom in on images, search and pick a color
- Rename: Change photo file names in batch mode, the same can be done using the Batch editor
- Raw Converter: Convert RAW to JPG
- Paper Print: Print lined, graph, music and calendar paper
- Face Search: Find similar faces on the Internet
Photoscape works on Win2000/XP/Vista/7
Here is an introductory tutorial of this product from the vendor’s site. There are many video tutorials on this product from the vendor and you can access them from here.
Download: You can download the free Photoscape from here.