There is no surprise if i say that there are very few net users who are not aware of what Alexa Toolbar is. Since its formation in 1996, Alexa provided its toolbar to millions of users. Now Alexa has introduced a new Toolbar Creator which can help you to engage your website audience and hence it will automatically increase your website traffic. Now, You can easily create a special toolbar for your website which is going to help your website grow more. To create your own alexa toolbar, visit Alexa toolbar Creator and click on Create a Toolbar button on right top bar
The next step is to login to your Alexa Dashboard. If you already registered Alexa user, You can login using your registered email id or using facebook account, otherwise create your own login id.
Next step is to accept the Terms and Conditions of Alexa. The main restriction is “You may not create toolbars that contain adult images, infringe on any trademarks or link to harmful or malicious software.”
The 3rd step is the actual place where you create your custom Toolbar. You can add below items to your toolbnar
1. Your Toolbar Name: A name your custom toolbar
2. Your Company/Website Logo: The logo can be an image or Text or Image and Text
3. Link Button : When users click on this button, a predefined webpage would be opened in the browser.
4. Site Search Field : You can place a Search option to let users to look for content in your site. You can configure whether to use a predefined Search engine to provide the search facility or use your own search url if your site has it.
5. RSS Button: You can specify RSS button on your alexa toolbar which will show latest post update. Make sure the RSS feed url is ending with “/”
6. Custom Drop Down Menu: reate a customized drop-down menu for your toolbar. Provide your users with direct links to the most important pages on your site, or anywhere online.
7. Link to Facebook Page: This button takes users directly to your company’s Facebook page
8. Link to Twitter Profile Page: You can link to your twitter profile page via alexa toolbar.
9. Latest Tweets in Alexa Toolbar: You can also show your latest tweets in your alexa toolbar.
10. Personal Facebook Button: Allow your users to see their friends’ status updates, and post to their wall, right from the toolbar. (As of this writing, This button is temporarily unavailable).
11. Personal Twitter Button: It will help your twitter readers to tweet or read the tweets directly from your toolbar.
12. Gmail Button: Your readers will get automatic notifications when they receive any new mail in their Gmail inbox and can reply easily.
13. Amazon Wishlist: Allows your users to add any item from any website to their Amazon.com Wish List.
*There is a limit for the number of components you are adding depending on how much space they are occupying in the toolbar.
We created a Toolbar for TechSmartLife.com