Once Crap Cleaner and now CCleaner is more than just a temporary files remover. It cleans your browsing history, temporary and cache files from almost all major browsers available in the market and also removes unused files from your system – allowing Windows to run faster and freeing up valuable hard disk space.. CCleaner scans your PC for unnecessary temporary and log files, cookies, memory dumps, and more and wipes them out at the press of the “Run Cleaner” button.
1. Windows and Application Cleaner: Removes System Cache, Browser Temporary Files, Memory Dump Files, Log files etc., You can select which applications to clean
3. Application Un-Installer to uninstall application’s from your machine. You can also export the Installed Applications to a flat file.
4. A Startup Application Manager using which you can enable/disable/delete applications from starting up with windows. You can also export the Startup Application list to a flat file.
These exported flat files can be used as a reference when you are restoring your windows to the factory installation.
5. Old ‘System Restore’ points remover. You cannot remove the very recent restore point for security.
6. Secure Delete: A Drive Wiper with has options to wipe free space or entire drive using single-pass to 35 passes which ensures that your deleted data cannot be recovered at later stage.
7. All file deletions from your hard drive are by default simple deletion which can be changed by altering the Deletion settings in Options –> Settings tab.
8. Cookie management: You can decide which cookies to keep and which to delete. Sometimes you deliberately wanted to keep some cookies, for example you may want to keep the cookies from a particular site for some session management.
CCleaner runs on Microsoft Windows 7, Vista, XP and 2000. Including both 32-bit and 64-bit versions. For the people who do not like to install software, a Portable version is also available for download.
You can download the CCleaner from Piriform website.
CCEnhancer is a small third party tool which adds support for over 500 new programs into the popular program CCleaner. This tool uses the winapp2.ini system built into CCleaner to easily add new rules and definitions for programs. The rules were sourced mainly from the Piriform Support Forum, with several sourced from other places around the internet.
If you have very few applications to clean which are not by default available in CCleaner, then you can manually Include and Exclude files in CCleaner Options settings. CCEnhancer is a required plugin for the people who actually uses too many softwares. You can download the CCEnhancer from the website thewebatom.